Transdev Yellow Buses has at last received the recognition it deserves. At yesterday’s Bus Oscars™ 2009, the UK Bus Industry Awards, TYB was awarded Shire Operator of the Year 2009.
TYB surfaced ahead of Stagecoach Bluebird, Stagecoach in Fife, Stagecoach in Warwickshire and Transdev stable-mates Burnley & Pendle and Yorkshire Coastliner.
The award is a ringing endorsement for an operator who has turned around an average performance that was leaking passengers to one whose recent ridership increase has been up to 40 per cent. The judges praised the path along which TYB has travelled, including the judicious initial purchase of second hand SLFs, following by impressively specified new ones.
The judges felt that TYB had focused on customer satisfaction, its network, marketing, punctuality, community involvement and its workforce.
We send our congratulations to the entire TYB team and to runner up in the Young Manager of the Year 2009, TYB’s head of operations, Ed Wills.
Other main award winners were:
- City Operator of the Year and UK Bus Operator of the Year: Brighton & Hove
- Independent Operator of the Year: Western Greyhound (that’s four times according to my calculator)
- Bus Marketing Campaign of the Year: Bluestar for Bluestar 1
- Innovation Award: Arriva North West for Ecomanager (TYB was highly commended for Carbon Stoppers)
- Bus in the Countryside Award: Norfolk Green/Norfolk council for Coast Hopper
- Winning new Customers Award: Nottingham City Transport for Go2 West Bridegford